As the outbreak of COVID-19 created a socially distant society, many people were forced to adapt their usual fitness routines in favour of new ways to workout.
This led to a huge increase in virtual and online fitness classes. One study1 reported that during the pandemic 60% of employers had introduced virtual sessions, such as online workouts, to support staff working remotely, and ukactive’s COVID-19 Impact Report, found that one of the most popular activities to live stream is yoga classes2.
With virtual sessions such as online yoga in demand, you may be curious about how virtual sessions work. So here’s our quick guide to how online office yoga works and what to expect.
Everything you need to know about online office yoga
- Everything happens online: The advent of remote working means that the classes take place via video software (e.g. Zoom) so everyone can join the class from the comfort of their home
- Experienced teachers: In the absence of holding face-to-face classes professional teachers have adapted their sessions to an online audience so you’ll benefit from their skills and experience
- Suitable for all abilities: Sessions are suitable for all abilities, plus, some yoga newbies find it less intimidating to perform a sun salutation for the first time from the relative privacy of their home
- Tailored to your needs: Many online office yoga classes can be tailored to your particular needs and focus on your favoured style of yoga, such as Ashtanga, Hatha, Yoga Nidra or Vinyasa
- Working to your schedule: You can arrange your online office yoga class to run at the most suitable time for your employees, be it early morning, at lunch, or to unwind at the end of the week
Enjoy the benefits
Virtual classes are a great way to bring a remote workforce together – particularly at a time where people are more receptive to online fitness classes than ever before.
Yoga, in particular, with its focus on breathing and flexibility, can boost physical and mental wellbeing and has been known to have a positive effect on posture, morale, and engagement. Discover more about how yoga can help to reduce stress.
“We have been taking advantage of their Online Yoga for staff as we are all working from home during this crisis. This is keeping everyone connected and motivated! I’ve heard only good reviews from my colleagues. 100% would recommend!”
Lucy, Office Manager, Go Compare
As leaders and innovators of corporate & employee wellbeing, we’ve moved our popular office yoga classes online. So, if you and your employees are keen to unroll a mat and join us in a downward dog, we’d love to host your next online office yoga class.
To find out more about arranging an online session for up to 100 members of staff head to our online corporate yoga page.