Employee Wellbeing Programmes
What is Employee Wellbeing?
Employee wellbeing relates to the influence an individuals job can have on their overall mental health and happiness. When we refer to wellness or wellbeing, we’re discussing a mixture of physical health and good mental health. This is why our employee wellbeing programmes are so important for enhancing employee and business health.
Wellbeing is quickly becoming a core obligation of good corporate responsibility and a significant performance-focused strategy to encourage employee engagement and productivity. No longer an optional or sometimes ignored part of business functions and the workplace, well-being is now key to businesses and imperative for high-energy, dynamic companies.
The best companies appreciate that looking after employees is both a necessity and an asset for healthy businesses. In 2017 131 million days were lost to sickness absence, of which 21% for musculoskeletal conditions and 11.54% for mental health issues, including stress and anxiety (Office for National Statistics).
The benefits of having employee wellbeing activities in companies have been highlighted by numerous studies. According to these, wellbeing at work fosters better team morale and engagement, a healthier and more inclusive culture, lower sickness absence, improved productivity, enhanced employer brand, reduced work-related stress and better staff retention (CIPD Health and Wellbeing at Work May 2018 Survey).
At Joyful Living we help clients develop their wellbeing strategy, based on their employee wellbeing goals. Our programmes comprise wellbeing activities delivered on a regular basis, chosen to have a lasting impact on quality of life at work. We also monitor the results through personalised health screenings held periodically during the year.
A regular wellbeing programme guarantees lasting benefits at reduced costs for companies through our discounted rates.
Delivered by Qualified and Expert Practitioners
You can choose a different combination or even workshops on topics of your interest.
At Joyful Living we are flexible and always available to deliver the best programmes for our clients.
Sample of Calendar
January – Mindfulness
February- Posture Awareness
March – Nutrition
April – Laughter Yoga
May – Mental Health Awareness
June – Health Screenings
July – Sleep
August – Financial Wellbeing
October – Work Life Balance
November -Stress Management
December -Digital Detox
• Boost team morale and productivity
• Build company appreciation and loyalty
• Prevent stress and injuries
• Reduce costs for absenteeism and recruitment
• Participatory and inclusive
• Easy to manage
• Clear return on investment
• Tailored on each client’s needs
• Major discounts on our list of services
Employee Wellbeing – Useful Statistics
• 131 million days 3 were lost to sickness absence
• 21% of sickness absences for musculoskeletal conditions (including back pain, neck and upper limb problems) caused 28.2 million days lost
• 11.54% of sickness absences for mental health issues (including stress, depression, anxiety and serious conditions) resulted in 15 million days lost (Office for National Statistics – Days lost due to sickness absence, by reason, England: 2017)
• The cost of Mental Health to employers is between £33 billion and £42 billion, between £1,205 and £1,560 per employee.
(Stevenson-Farmer – Thrive at work Report 2017)
The figures below are taken from organisations that have a regular well-being strategy.
• Better employee morale and engagement 45%
• A healthier and more inclusive culture 35%
• Lower sickness absence 31%
• Improved productivity 25%
• Enhanced employer brand 22%
• Reduced work-related stress 20%
• Better staff retention 19%
(CIPD Health and Wellbeing at Work – Survey Report May 2018)
Positive return on investment of £9.98 for each pound spent on a manager mental health training programme. (Deloitte – Mental Health and Employment: the case for investment October 2017)
• If employees have access to a health and wellbeing programme, 89% of them are more likely to recommend their company as a great place to work.
You may also be interested in. . .
Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive our special offers and discounts