Corporate Mental Health Training & Workshops
Why you should consider corporate mental health services.
Mental ill-health affects employees and companies, accounting for 39% of most common causes of short-term absence and 56% for most common causes of long-term absence. At Joyful Living we have specific programmes for mental health, from MHFA Training courses, run by qualified Mental Health First Aid (MFHA) England instructors, to Mental Health Awareness workshops, all designed to support employee mental health.
Our mental health workshops can be run online or in person. Visit the pages below to view both options.
Why Mental Health Matters to Businesses?
For decades when people talked about the health of the workforce the only thing that was mentioned was physical health. At the same time Mental health was largely ignored, leading to the current situation where poor mental health has a devastating impact on people’s lives, the economy and society.
Useful Statistics on the impact of poor mental health at work:
- Annual cost to employers of between £33 billion and £42 billion
- Between £1,205 and £1,560 per year per employee.
(Stevenson-Farmer – Thrive at work Report 2017)
- 15 million days lost in 2016 for mental health issues (including stress, depression, anxiety and serious conditions), 11.54% of total sickness absences
(Office for National Statistics – Days lost due to sickness absence, by reason, England: 2017)
- Mental ill health accounts for 39% of most common causes of short-term absence and 56% for most common causes of long-term absence
(CIPD Health and Wellbeing at Work – Survey May 2018)
What can be done about it?
Recommendations for how to help boost the mental health of your employees are varied, but everybody can agree that there are three core things every business should do:
- Develop mental health awareness among employees
- Routinely monitor employee mental health and wellbeing
- Mental health ‘first aid’ training for employees
To help you out, we offer a full range of corporate mental health services, including MHFA training to help you monitor employees mental health and mental health awareness workshops to give your team the knowledge to look after their own mental health.
Keeping your team’s mental health positive is a never ending task, but with the right support, such as our corporate mental health services, it can be made a lot easier.
Get in touch with our consultants and they’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.